Before Anesthesia ( I.V. Sedation)
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for 8 hours prior to the appointment, unless instructed otherwise
- Stop or minimize tobacco use as much as possible
- A responsible adult, over the age of 18, must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for up to 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, or dentures may be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear excessive makeup or dark nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Elimon and Johnson prior to your surgical/anesthesia appointment for instructions as to taking or not taking the medications.